Okay, so it's not a major release or even a point release. It's a something-dot-something-dot-something release, which isn't nearly so exciting. But I thought it deserved posting. The major improvements taste like this:
- Improved the engine to use POSIX/socket IO where feasible.
- Fixed several potentially hazardous integer and buffer overflows.
- Fixed corruption of multibyte character including 0x5c as second byte in multipart/form-data.
- Fixed each() to be binary safe for keys.
- Major improvements to the NSAPI SAPI.
- Improvements to the IMAP extension.
- Improvements to the InterBase extension.
- Added DBA handler 'inifile' to support ini files.
- Added long options into CLI & CGI (e.g. --version).
- Added a new parameter to preg_match*() that can be used to specify the starting offset in the subject string to match from.
- Upgraded the bundled Expat library to version 1.95.6
- Upgraded the bundled PCRE library to version 4.3
- Upgraded the bundled GD library to version GD 2.0.15