PHP Insights is a package by Nuno Maduro for instant PHP quality checks in your console.
As found in the project readme file, PHP Insights main features include:
- Analysis of code quality and coding style
- Beautiful overview of code architecture and it’s complexity
- Designed to work out-of-the-box with Laravel, Symfony, and more
- Contains built-in checks for making code reliable, loosely coupled, simple, and clean
- Friendly console interface build on top of PHPCS, PHPLOC, and EasyCodingStandard
If you want to use PHP Insights on a Laravel project, an artisan command is provided to run insights:
php artisan insights [-v]
When you run the command, you are provided an overview insights score spanning code, complexity, architecture, and miscellaneous (i.e., coding style and security).
I took PHP Insights for a test drive and was impressed with the ease of setup and use within a Laravel project, and the code is well structured to support any PHP project you might encounter now or in the future.
The project is under active development; the Readme highlights a few ways you can contribute to this project: writing custom Insights from scratch, adding a new insight from PHP CS Sniff, and creating or improving a preset of your favorite framework (here’s the Laravel preset).
At the time of writing, framework presets exist for Laravel, Symfony, and Yii.
You can learn more about this package, get full installation instructions, and view the source code on GitHub at nunomaduro/phpinsights.
Credits : laravel-news.com